Seeking: Youth Group Pastor
Church History: Morningside UMC is a predominantly Korean American ministry based in Manhattan near Columbia University and seeking to impact our larger community with the love of Christ. We are comprised of people from all walks of life – families, couples, young adults, college students, youth, and children. More information about the church can be found here: http://morningside-nyc.com
Responsibility: The Youth Group Pastor is responsible for developing and implementing programs for the youth (grades 7-12) that promote community, spiritual growth and Christian discipleship. Activities include, but are not limited to:
• preparing and delivering Sunday messages
• leading Sunday Bible studies
• planning and carrying out monthly fellowship activities
• planning and leading yearly youth retreats
• creating and managing the budget for youth group
• communicating with students and parents via email and phone as necessary
• attending monthly church council meetings
Time Commitment: Approximately 15 hours / week
• College degree required. Candidates with or currently pursuing a seminary degree preferred.
• Candidate should have a high level of energy, who can effectively communicate with youth
• Some familiarity with Korean-American culture preferred. The youth group members themselves are either from Morningside UMC or our sister church KMC&I (Korean Methodist Church & Institute).
• 2 weeks vacation/year (as per vacation policy),transportation reimbursement possible for candidate living outside NYC.
Start Date: August-September 2014
If interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
We will only respond to those candidates we wish to interview.